Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Wreath DIY

Lately I have been completely, totally, over the moon infatuated with Pinterest!!!!  If you haven't been on this site before, I can only tell you that it will change your life!  :) 

The only problem with Pinterest?  You tend to find things that are so amazing that you start to obsess over them.  You can't stop thinking about making your own, or finding it somewhere.  And for the past several weeks, my preoccupation has been with fall wreaths. 

I know, it sounds weird. The thing is, I have wanted a nice fall wreath for years now, yet every time I find one I love I balk at the price (those things are out of control expensive!) So naturally when I saw all the gorgeous DIY wreaths on Pinterest, I was in heaven!!  I spent several days looking through all the amazing wreaths, like these:

Found HERE



Found HERE


Found HERE






Finally, after much deliberation, I realized that the best thing to do was to take the things I love about my wreath choices and make my own,slightly unique, wreath!  Here it is:


(Sorry, not the best picture)


I have to say, I am totally pleased with the way it turned out! I got everything I needed at Hobby Lobby, and because the flowers and such were 50% off, I ended up making the whole wreath for about $13.00! Can you believe it?  I would have payed at least $60 retail for that. 

I apologize, but I didn't get the chance to take pictures of my supplies, or of how exactly I made it, mostly because I have NO patience and couldn't take the time to get my camera. 

But I basically cut all the stems apart and hot glued them into the wreath.  Then I simply painted the "S" (it took three coats), added a coat of Mod Podge, and hot glued it as well.  Not too shabby for the first time! 

Don't be intimidated.  I was for a long time, since I don't consider myself really artistic.  Just buy the things you love and go for it!  And let me know what you think of mine.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment